Alec Baldwin has not yet turned over his iPhone to the police despite a search warrant.
Last month the Santa Fe police issued a search warrant for Alec Baldwin’s iPhone as part of their investigation into the deadly shooting on the set of the movie “Rust”.
Alec Baldwin shot 42-year-old director of photography Halyna Hutchins to death and injured 48-year-old Joel Souza on the film’s set in Santa Fe, Mexico in October.
Baldwin had communicated with Santa Fe detectives but refused to hand over the phone, so law enforcement issued a warrant in December.
Police believe there may be missing evidence on Alec Baldwin’s phone, but are not cooperating with law enforcement.
The daily mail reported:
New Mexico authorities said Thursday they were working with police in upstate New York to obtain Alec Baldwin’s cell phone after the actor did not give up despite a search warrant for kidnapping.
The Santa Fe Sheriff’s Office and the New Mexico First District Attorney’s Office are “actively working” with the Suffolk County Sheriff’s Department, New York, and Baldwin’s attorneys to obtain any related material over the phone. to their investigation, according to a press release.
A Santa Fe detective said she searched for a search warrant for Baldwin’s phone after requesting it on a voluntary basis and “was tasked with acquiring a warrant,” according to an affidavit.
The affidavit stated that suspects, victims and witnesses “often make and / or receive phone calls and / or messages before, during and / or after the crime is committed.”
“Such information, if it exists, may be material and relevant to this investigation.”
Baldwin absurdly claimed he hadn’t pulled the trigger.
Baldwin also told ABC’s George Stephanopoulos not to feel guilty because he is not responsible for the fatal shooting.