Talk about a Christmas present to Trump supporters and the anti-COVID vax crowd (I’m a proud member), Dementia Joe flat out admitted that his comprehensive national strategy, Path Out of the Pandemic, is total BS. This is what he touted earlier this year:
President Biden is implementing a six-pronged, comprehensive national strategy that employs the same science-based approach that was used to successfully combat previous variants of COVID-19 earlier this year. This plan will ensure that we are using every available tool to combat COVID-19 and save even more lives in the months ahead, while also keeping schools open and safe, and protecting our economy from lockdowns and damage.
- Vaccinating the Unvaccinated
- Further Protecting the Vaccinated (With Booster Shots)
- Keeping Schools Safely Open
- Increasing Testing & Requiring Masking
- Protecting Our Economic Recovery
- Improving Care for those with COVID-19
Today Joe Biden told America’s Governors, when it comes to COVID, you are on your own. Cristina Laila posted the story earlier of Demented Joe conceding:
“Look, there is no federal solution to COVID. This gets solved at a state level,”
Let us be specific about the massive scale of this failure.
- Vaccinating the Unvaccinated is stalled because a growing number of Americans now realize that untested vaccines do not protect you from being infected again. What is the point of getting a shot that does not shield you from the disease? Making matters worse is the growing evidence that some who receive the vaccine are dying subsequently from heart attacks and blood clots. Pregnant women in their first two trimesters are experiencing miscarriages. And professional athletes, particularly those playing soccer, are going down with pericarditis and myocarditis.
- Further Protecting the Vaccinated? What a macabre joke that has become. Two weeks ago in my part of Florida, 85% of the people with COVID in the ICU were unvaccinated. Today, that number is 74%. Do you understand the trend line? MORE VACCINATED people are getting sick with COVID, including those with boosters. You can only lie to people so long before they get fed up with your mendacity and shut you out. That is one of the terrible legacies that Joe Biden has created.
- Keeping Schools Safely Open? The onslaught of the new COVID wave in northern, blue states is ginning up new mandates to shut down in-class learning. The COVID generation of kids relying on public education in urban areas will be the most ignorant, uneducated lot in the history of America.
- Increasing testing and Requiring Masking? A strong percentage of Americans are fed up with mask mandates because the masks do not prevent the spread of COVID. If the masks actually worked according to Biden’s idiotic fantasy, then we would not be seeing the huge current wave of COVID infections sweeping through the United States.
- Protecting Our Economic Recovery? How do you have a growing, prospering economy when supply shortages are shutting down businesses or COVID is wreaking havoc on airline travel? Then there is inflation roaring along. It is only going to get worse.
- Improving Care for those With COVID? Pray that you live in a Red State with a Governor like Ron DeSantis. If you get the COVID in Florida you will have access to monoclonal antibody treatment, Ivermectin, and Hydroxychloroquine. If you are in New York or Massachusetts, good luck. You are likely to be deprived of potential life-saving treatment.
The blame Donald Trump meme no longer works when it comes to the current COVID disaster. There was an effort in August to demonize Ron DeSantis as an incompetent murderer for his COVID policy. I received the following email (dated 17 August 2021) from one of my liberal acquaintances who fancies himself a journalist:
Man, Florida seems like a living hell – a crazy governor, gross incompetence, bizarre political psychotic behavior – is this your vision of Amerika because I am not liking it.
Too bad you’re not a journalist. Because if you would actually do some research and talk to people who live here you would realize the propaganda campaign running against DeSantis is bullshit.
He wrote back:
Really – Im just looking at numbers and they look REALLY bad in Florida. Your death/hospitalization rate is awful. You are one of the worst places on earth, statistically speaking. Seems DeSantis has the same hubris problem of Trump thinking you can spin a global pandemic for political points – predictably leads to unnecessary death and pain.
My final response:
There you go, believing everything you read. We’re just fine here. I don’t see you jumping up and down about the fact that we learned overnight that Cuomo hid 12,000 deaths that were his responsibility. While he was hiding deaths the Hollywood and establishment media like you were lining up to ****. So save me your selective outrage. DeSantis believes in freedom. If you want to wear a mask, wear one. But there is no valid medical or scientific reason to compel vaccinated people or people who have COVID antibodies to wear a mask. They are immune. The bullshit reporting on Florida is a nice diversion from the goat rope that Biden has created in Afghanistan.
Have you written anything to Nancy Pelosi decrying her fundraiser where all these entitled white asses sat shoulder to shoulder without a mask in sight except for the little brown people forced to wear masks to wait on Pelosi’s crowd. If you actually called fair balls and strikes I’d respect you. I recommend you try to emulate Glenn Greenwald or Matt Taibi. .
Now with New York, Minnesota, Massachusetts, etc breaking records for new infections and hospitalizations, the misguided soul who tried to scorch DeSantis finds his own words coming back to bite him. Florida is again experiencing a surge because all of the snowbirds from the northern states with lockdowns and mandates are flocking here and spreading more than Christmas joy. But no problem, we actually believe in science in Florida and we are not going to sustain the lie that getting a vaccine and wearing a mask with keep you safe from COVID.